I am a gay man and a strong supporter of a woman’s right to choose (I actually volunteer for Planned Parenthood, and give money to campaigns that promote women’s rights to their own bodies), women’s access to contraceptives, equal pay for women, and more women in the workforce, but I am not a feminist, and I will outline as clearly as I can why people hate on feminism.
Feminists don’t actually promote gender equality, because they deny inequalities exist that disadvantage men, like how custody courts demonstrably discriminate against men, how men serve more time in prison than women for the same crime, and how men are required to pay more in child support and alimony than their female counterparts of an equal financial situation. I’ve yet to see a single feminist complain about the fact that men are required by law to sign up for the draft, to go off and die in a war that they may not support, but women don’t have to. This is unreasonable, and I can’t support it.
Feminists act as if they have these unfair social pressures on them that men don’t experience, completely forgetting the fact that the suicide rate for men is 4 times higher than for women, and that men are 8 times more likely to be depressed, because of the social pressures on them to be financially successful and to provide for their families. When it comes to social stigma, men get the short end of the stick here. This is unreasonable, and I can’t support it.
Feminists assert that all alleged female victims of sexual assault aren’t actually allegedvictims, they’re just victims, and if we challenge one’s victimhood, we’re victim-blaming, chauvinistic bigots (I mean, heaven forbid an accuser actually have to PROVE he or she was harmed by the accused). Nowadays, if a woman accuses a man of sexually assaulting her, feminists immediately insist he’s guilty, and if the court concludes there’s no evidence to support the accusations, it’s because of “patriarchy.” This is unreasonable, and I can’t support it.
Feminists insist that all behavior differences between genders are purely social, contrary to what decades of peer-reviewed research in evolutionary biology, phylogenetics, anthropology, neurobiology, and endocrinology have demonstrated. Science has shown that gender roles and behavior differences between men and women are more biological than social, yet feminists won’t have any of it. If you’re a woman and you don’t feel “nurturing,” that’s great for you! But this isn’t because you’re some beacon of social justice, standing against the strong current of expectation; it’s because you’re an anomaly. Women are more nurturing because of oxytocin, estrogen, and progesterone, and men are more aggressive because of the conversion of testosterone to estradiol in the brain (it isn’t some grand coincidence that neutering your dog makes him more docile). As a suma cum laude double major in Neuroscience and Biochemistry, this is unreasonable and I can’t support it.
Feminists whine that men looking at their boobs and other expressions of sexual attraction are piggish, and the result of men’s “entitlement to women’s vaginae.” If you observe the behavior of any high-functioning primate, you’ll see the same interactions. Catcalls are not necessarily disrespectful, and it’s not sexist for a man to be upset that you won’t have sex with him. Men are biologically wired to chase after mates and spread their seed. Contrary to what you’ve read in your textbooks of post-modernistic nonsense, a man’s libido is much stronger than a woman’s, and just because a man expresses sexual interest in you doesn’t mean he’s a misogynistic pig, it means he’s a biological male. (It’s worth noting that the same communication is present among gay men. Women don’t play a part in this, so it’s safe to conclude that catcalls and the pursuit of sex has nothing to do with patriarchy.)
The original ideas for feminism are great, but feminists have taken them to an extreme. You aren’t the victims you paint yourselves to be, and that’s what people get upset about. Last halloween, a girl in one of my classes was dressed like Amelia Earhart. Trying to be friendly, I say, “Are you Amelia Earhart? I love her!” She responds with, “Just because I’m a woman with vintage pilot goggles on doesn’t mean I’m Amelia Earhart! I’m whoever I want to be!” Feminists seem to not realize that behaving like a royal bitch doesn’t make you an “empowered woman,” it makes you a royal bitch. Feminists also need to understand that dissent does not equal misogyny. I don’t disagree with you because I’m a misogynist—I’m the furthest thing from a misogynist—I disagree with you because you’re wrong. Stop mistaking being contradicted with being persecuted; it’s incredibly annoying, and an insanely unattractive attitude.
I will continue to vote for politicians who understand that women should be in control of their reproductive systems, and that women should have the same opportunities for promotions and raises as men. But I will never support the irrational nonsense that the feminist movement has become.
Women’s suffrage began over a hundred years ago, and women make up more than half of the population. The gay rights movement began only a couple of decades ago, and gay people only make up about 7% of the population. Perhaps feminists should ask themselves why they fail to garner anywhere NEAR the level of support as the gay rights movement. Hint: it ain’t “patriarchy.”
-JAdHum, a commenter with 103 positive votes, the most of any on the video, so far.
I’d say give it a quick peek just for the comments. So far the highest voted ones are people giving very rational and well stated arguments calling out Laci Green for dragging out and waving the old talking points of every trendy Feminist advocate.
Pretty much spelling out how she’s completely mis-representing the reasons why people don’t like the term “Feminism” and how the movement is failing tremendously. I wouldn’t be surprised if you start seeing posts getting report spammed into oblivion, but I’m hoping they don’t.
Oh and it goes without saying the video hits pretty much every one of the old tired talking points. Even, once again, bringing up the wage gap. It’s really just embarrassing now.
I once saw a picture of a glass of milk get over 100,000 notes on here.
Let’s give this more attention.
Majority of homeless? Men
Murder victims? Men
All violent crimes? Men
More men are raped in prison each year than women are raped in the whole country.
Male victim of rapes are ignored
Female rapists are ignored
Men also have longer prison sentencing and lower acquittal rates for the same crimes compared to women.
If men are being abused they have a better chance of being arrested than the women abusing them, they’re also 50% of abuse victims.
There are no shelters for men.
The government isn’t even allowed to fund shelters for men.
Circumcision is still legal and kills hundreds of infants every year, and a shit ton more men than that have sexual complications because of it.
Men don’t have a right to vote without registering for selective services.
If a man is raped, even as a child and she gets pregnant he still has to pay child support.
A man can be named the father of a child by a woman he’s never meet and he has to prove he isn’t lest he be forced to pay child support.
Men are far less likely to get custody of their kids.
Men are forced to pay for kids they don’t want.
A mother can put a child up for adoption even if the father wanted custody.
Men make up 90-95% of all overtime hours worked, and work place death and injuries.
The government gives female own businesses free money
There are far more grants and scholorships for women than men, despite men doing worse aacedmically in all aspects.
Boys in juvy raped by women. (94% are by women yet only 40% of the staff is female.)
Circumcisions kills. Circumcision decreases sexual pleasureCircumcision policy is influenced by psychosocial factors rather than alleged health benefitsCircumcision linked to pain, trauma, and psychosexual sequelaeCircumcision may lead to abnormal brain development and subsequent deviations in behaviorCircumcision decreases penile sensitivityCircumcision associated with sexual difficultiesThe exaggeration of the benefits of circumcision in regards to HIV/AIDS transmissionCircumcision/HIV claims are based on insufficient evidenceThere is no case for the widespread implementation of circumcision as a preventative measure to stop transmission of AIDS/HIV
It’s official — California is experiencing a whooping cough crisis of “epidemic proportions.”
State authorities announced on Monday that there have been 3,458 cases cases of whooping cough (also known as pertussis) since the beginning of this year, with more than 800 new cases in the past two weeks alone. Usually, there are 80 to 100 cases per month.
VACCINATE. YOUR. FUCKING. KIDS.
here is why that is wrong:
when statistics like these are found they use the legal definition of rape, which doesnt count it as rape if the male is forced penetrate the female, so i see where this confusion comes from
now knowing this i did some research to find sources that count forced to penetrate, here is what was found
1 in 6 men are estimated to be sexually assaulted before the age of 18: http://www.pandys.org/malesurvivors.html
an estimated 40% of rapists are female: http://oratorasaurus.tumblr.com/post/44771537153/40-of-rapists-are-women-yes-get-over-it
male rape victims are often ignored: http://siryouarebeingmocked.tumblr.com/post/42958744664/claim-male-rape-victims-are-erased-because
50 % of rape victims are male:
i hope that i cleared up why this information is false, and i hope i didnt offend you in doing so
and now i have to reblog this because its obvious that nobody read this
Don’t let those losers bring your down. Don’t ever let anyone make you feel ashamed of who you are. The faults of certain messed up individuals do not carry over to be the faults of men as a collective.
Next time a feminist criticizes the “not all men” thing, show them these news articles and ask them if we should start considering all women to be violent murderers because of these individuals.
- 15 year old girl stabs and kills 14 year old boy after argument
- 13 year old girl stabs self, 13 year old friend, and 11 year old sister
- 14 year old girl stabs and kills 11 year old sister 40 times because she thought she was ungrateful
- 16 year old girl stabs and kills 16 year old best friend 60 times (what the best friend did wasn’t okay but it did not call for murder)
- 11 year old girl stabs mother while she is sleeping 9 times because she wasn’t allowed to go outside
- Woman stabs boyfriend over $200.
- 15 year old female stabs 19 year old man who tried to protect his 22 year old female friend (who was also stabbed) after argument
- Mother stabs and kills four year old son to death
- 18 year old female stabs and kills mother in face and neck 79 times
- Woman drives car into church and stabs husband on altar for “worshipping Nascar”
- 24 year old woman stabs sister after argument
- 34 year old woman stabs fiance over argument on what their wedding color scheme should be
- 28 year old woman stabs boyfriend in eye for refusing to have a threesome
- 21 year old stabs 21 year old sister over argument over apple fritters
- 54 year old woman stabs boyfriend for refusing to stop listening to The Eagles
- 24 year old woman stabs self and then claims a man did it
- 52 year old woman stabs 45 year old boyfriend with knife and fork after argument
- Woman stabs 61 year old mother
- 48 year old woman stabs 24 year old boyfriend
- Woman stabs fiance for not wanting to drive drunk to the liquor store
- Woman in 20s stabs 56 year old stranger after altercation
- 48 year old woman stabs 27 year old daughter in back
- 30 year old woman stabs 42 year old man after verbal argument
- 26 year old woman stabs bf after his dog eats her marijuana
- Woman stabs her child’s father after argument
- 19 year old female stabs 18 year old male after argument
- 48 year old woman stabs 53 year old husband and kills him
- 28 year old woman stabs 41 year old after her baby shower
- 30 year old stabs 26 year old pregnant sister and law and kills both her and baby
- Woman stabs cop during a traffic stop
- 24 year old stabs 28 year old brother over argument about household chores
- 28 year old woman stabs 16 year old female in the face that she suspected was her boyfriend’s mistress
- Woman stabs boyfriend 31 times after he says his ex’s name in his sleep
- 28 year old woman stabs boyfriend after dispute about a camping trip
- 33 year old woman stabs 42 year old husband in neck three times after petty argument
- 49 year old stabs herself and blames ex-husband
- Woman stabs husband over television show characters
- Woman stabs 23 year old boyfriend after argument
- Woman stabs husband because he snored
- 19 year old female stabs and kills her 19 year old female cousin after argument
- 23 year old woman stabs family member after argument
- Woman kills man for refusing to give her beer
- Woman stabs man for refusing to have sex with her, threatens to cry rape
- Woman rips off man’s testicle because he rejected her, tried to swallow it
- Woman kills man for refusing to marry her
- Woman cuts off man’s penis because of argument
- Woman shoots her husband after argument
- Woman cuts off cheating boyfriend’s penis, flushes it
- Woman suspects husband of cheating, stabs him to death
- Woman shoots, kills boyfriend for cheating
- Woman stabs boyfriend for cheating in Monopoly board game
- Woman shoots, kills man for ending relationship
- Woman sets husband’s genitals on fire for hugging another woman, dies
- Woman kills, dismembers husband’s body over argument
- Mother kills 18-month old twins to get back at husband she thought was cheating
- Woman kills husband after he confronts her about affair
- Woman kills cheating husband with lethal dose of heroin
- Woman runs over, kills cheating husband
- Obese woman sits on boyfriend, kills him and avoids jail time
- Woman kills boyfriend with stiletto shoe
- Woman murders cheating husband with coffee mug
- Woman kills boyfriend for not buying her a gift
- Woman kills boyfriend who accused her of cheating
- Woman stabs and kills boyfriend , Judge: “I hope you die in prison”
- Woman shoots, kills ex-boyfriend, buries him in pile of debris
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the back of the neck, killing him
- Woman shoots boyfriend six times, kills him after argument
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend over mother’s day gift
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death, also stabbed her husband to death 7 years prior
- Woman pushes way into home, stabs boyfriend to death over argument
- Woman angry at boyfriend takes her anger out on his 4 year-old
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death, thought he was cheating on her
- Woman bludgeons husband to death with hammer to pay back loan
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend during argument
- Woman murders boyfriend for tweeting out his female crush
- Woman shoots and kills boyfriend, kills self while out on bail
- Woman stabs to death boyfriend over argument about an ex
- Woman stabs and kills boyfriend for social media posts
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the face, fails to make it look like suicide
- Woman kills boyfriend’s puppies during phone argument
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the face with rifle during argument
- Woman pushes boyfriend off fence after argument, killing him
- Woman attacks boyfriend with large knife, intent to kill
- Woman abused, threatens to kill boyfriend in sleep
- Woman beats, murders boyfriend and puts him in freezer because he wanted to break up with her
- Woman held gun to boyfriend’s head, murders on Christmas
- Woman with previous assault charge on another boyfriend stabs and kills different boyfriend
- Woman attempts to murder boyfriend with giant breasts
- Woman stabs boyfriend in neck, killing him after argument
- Woman chokes and stabs ex-boyfriends cat to death
- Woman starts argument with boyfriend, stabs and kills with umbrella
- Woman kills boyfriend with her car after argument
- Woman shoots, kills boyfriend in his bathroom
- Woman shoots, kills boyfriend with illegal handgun
- Woman sets her boyfriend on fire, killing him
- Woman shoots and kills ex-boyfriend multiple times, kills herself
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the head, found out he was dating other women
- Woman stabs and kills boyfriend over finances
- Woman stabs and kills boyfriend’s lizard because she thought he was flirting with other women
- Woman shoots, kills boyfriend who wanted to end their relationship and urged her to get an abortion
- Woman attempts to murder husband with poison in her vagina
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death after he slaps daughter
- Woman conspires to have secret lover murder her husband
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend over argument on Labor Day
- Woman stabs boyfriend in the chest over argument
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death after finding photos of other women on cell phone
- Woman tortured ex-boyfriend’s dog until it died after argument
- Woman stabs boyfriend in his chest and through his lung, nearly killing him
- Woman fatally stabs boyfriend during heated argument
- Woman kills her boyfriend with blunt force trauma to the head using frying pan
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death for drinking her beer
- Woman strangles boyfriend to death during argument
- Woman stabs boyfriend with serrated knife over argument
- Woman shoots, murders boyfriend while she was on house arrest for another murder 11 years prior
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend then texts friend about eating the body
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend over dispute
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the head, suspecting he was cheating
- Woman shoots man in the groin after argument
- Woman fires handgun into the home of man who denied her a kiss
- Woman stabs husband to death over cheating fears
- Woman shoots, kills ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend
- Women kills husband, commits suicide
- Woman shoots and kills man over argument
- Woman kills husband with baseball bat for talking back to her
- Woman kills husband, confesses to family then shoots herself
- Woman stabs boyfriend 31 times after he said ex’s name in his sleep
- Woman shoots husband in the head, shoots herself
- Woman kills boyfriend over argument at house party
- Woman shoots boyfriend with shotgun for texting another woman
- Woman kills boyfriend because she “smelled sex on him”
- Woman runs over boyfriend, kills him
- Woman stabs boyfriend in the eye for turning down threesome
- Woman stabs ex-boyfriend for refusing to stop playing the Eagles
- Woman stabs boyfriend, throws out his prosthetic legs so he can’t chase her
- Woman ties up, stabs husband 193 times, jury finds her guilty for suspicion of trying to claim life insurance
- Woman stabs fiance for refusing to take her to the liquor store
- Woman assaults and threatens boyfriend with knife for not cuddling
- Woman stabs man with ceramic squirrel for not bring home beer
- Woman stabs taxi driver after he refuses to have sex with her
- Woman stabs ex-boyfriend in his penis after discovering he had a new girlfriend
- Woman stabs boyfriend twice over time he spent in bathroom
- Woman stabs boyfriend over Facebook post
- Woman stabs her boyfriend several times because his dog ate her marijuana stash
- Woman stabs boyfriend for not calling her every two hours
- Woman shoots man five times for rejecting her, kills herself
- Woman murders ex-boyfriend with liquor laced with poison, was jealous he was engaged to new woman
- Florida woman shoots, kills her 2 teenage sons
- Mother throws 1 year-old daughter under truck, kills her
- California mom stabs her 3 daughters to death. all under 2 years old
- Mother attempts to kill her 3 teenage children
- Mother kills her infant son by stabbing him to death
- Woman kills 2 year-old girl, attempts to kill 10 year-old boy
- Utah mom murders 6 newborns, keeps them in garage
- Mother charged with trying to suffocate daughter
- Woman charged for killing 8-month old baby
- Mother drowns both of her sons aged 3 and 6
- Mother attempts to drown her 3 children in ocean
- Utah mother shoots and kills two teen daughters, then herself
- Mother suffocates 14 month old son, fails at attempted suicide
- Woman babysitter murders 19 month old boy
- Mom kills 7 month old daughter, blames Jesus
- Woman operating illegal daycare responsible for 3 month old girl’s death, police find 14 children in her basement
- Mom strangles 3 day old baby boy, discarded body in trashcan
- Woman suffocates 2 year old girl of fiance, fakes sexual assault by unknown assailant to cover tracks
- Mother charged with killing 2 year-old daughter
- Mother of several children with history of violence murdered and buried 2 year-old daughter in shallow grave
- Mother stabs and kills her 2 children in exorcism
- Mother kills her teen son and daughter, self
- Mother confesses to killing 10 year-old son
- Mother tortures and kills 3 year-old son, burned genitals with lighter
- Most child abuse, neglect, and murders are committed by females.
Also, if feminism is supposedly so great and is promoting gender equality, show them this:
If they say “well not all feminists are like that” then you sure as hell should call them out on how hypocritical they are.
So can we give a hand to all these celebrities speaking out against feminism? Because they’ve faced countless attacks for simply not wanting to associate with a hate group. It seems as though feminists believe that just because you’re a woman, you owe them something. Yet notice how none of these ladies say they are anti-woman. Yeah, that would be because you do not have to identify as a feminist to support women and equality… and you also certainly don’t owe selling yourself to the feminist movement. Especially because feminism really comes with so many negative connotations because it’s basically turned from a movement for equality into a glorified victim complex that promotes blatant sexism against men and advocates for special consideration and treatment towards women. Most people don’t oppose feminism because they oppose women or advocacy for women. They oppose it because of the harmful philosophies it perpetuates, like Patriarchy theory, and much of the harmful legislation that many feminists advocate for. And of course they probably oppose it because most feminists act like straight up jerks. I think Bjork said it pretty well, it’s more important to be doing positive stuff than complaining all the time.
So feminists, if you really still want people to join your movement, you better clean up your act. Because people right now see feminism for what it really is. And regardless of your dictionary definition of the term, its actions speak far louder than words.
What a dumb cunt.
Being aware and critical of the patriarchy is not a harmful philosophy. What harmful legislation are feminists pushing for? In what way are “feminists” (every single one? have you met us all??) acting like “straight-up jerks”?
Can you actually support the stereotypical bullshit you’re spouting with any evidence? Or are you simply buying into and perpetuating the genuinely harmful common view that to be a feminist is to be a man-hater?
How about, instead of vaguely stating that feminists need to either cease existing or “clean up our act”, you investigate the subject you are so eager to criticize? How about, instead of caricaturing an entire movement in one broad sweep, you spend more effort than half an hour on MRA websites’s worth of research and find out what the movement is actually about?
There’s a very good reason so many feminists are fed up, frustrated and pissed off. Re-read your uneducated, shallow, holier-than-thou post for what it really is.
I’m so glad you asked, because yes I have investigated the issue of feminism, and here’s what I’ve found:
Men want protection against false rape allegations. They feel that a man’s life should not be ruined simply on the allegation of a woman who may be a vindictive liar. Currently, a woman can accuse a man of rape for no reason, and the man’s name is splashed in the paper and his life is ruined. So, they fought for laws granting men anonymity until charged with the crime of rape—not convicted, just charged.
Men want an end to the justice system favoring women simply because they are women, and giving men harsher sentences simply because they are men.
Men want equal treatment when victims of domestic violence, and to not be arrested for the crime of “being male” under primary aggressor policies.
Feminists fought against this by trying to suppress evidence showing that half of domestic violence is done by women, by threatening the researchers with bomb threats, death threats, etc. Modern, younger feminists are doing it as well.
Men want female rapists to be arrested, charged, and convicted with rape. In Western countries, women are rarely punished when raping men, due to the biased legal system. In some countries, women cannot be punished when raping men, since rape is defined as a male-perpetrated crime.
Feminists fought against this in India, arguing that “there is a physicality [in] rape” and that it would make things “more complicated for judges.”
Feminists fought against this in Israel, claiming that changing the law would result in men filing false rape claims.
Men don’t want to be thrown in jail because they lost their jobs and temporarily cannot pay child support.
Feminists fought against this, trying to lower the amount to $5000 before a man is guilty of a felony for not paying child support. If a man loses a decent-paying job, he will now be a felon, go to jail, lose his right to vote, AND be unable to find future jobs—if he cannot regain an equal-paying job within a few months.
Men want equal economic support and help from the government. When the recession hit, male-dominated fields like construction lost millions of jobs, while female-fields like education and healthcare gained jobs. So the government proposed an economic stimulus for those fields.
Feminists successfully fought against this, arguing that it was discrimination to support men, and caused the government to give money to women who didn’t deserve it. Hundreds of professional feminists complained against the “sexism” of helping men (who had lost jobs) and not women (who had gained jobs).
A representative of the Michigan National Organization for Women testified in opposition to the Revocation of Paternity Act, which stopped the old law which stated that if a woman was married and cheated on her husband, the resulting child is considered to be legally the husband’s and the biological father had no legal rights to fight for custody or parenting time with his biological child.
In 2008, a law was passed in England and Wales that allowed long-term domestic violence victims who killed their abuser to be charged with the lesser charge of manslaughter, but this only applies to women.
In California and Montana, a woman can name any man she likes as the father, he gets a letter in the mail, if he does not prove he isn’t the father within 30 days he is now the father and must pay. He cannot contest it. And DNA tests to prove paternity are not considered proof by the courts.
Women who falsely accuse a man of rape, who would be sent to prison for 10+ years if convicted, only gets fined or a slap on the wrist.
There is also the gender bias in the Probation Departments:
A higher score on the Probation Assessment Tool (PAT) means a recommendation that could lead to eventual dismissal of charges. A lower score means probation or lockup, not to mention the juvenile delinquent tag. [Judge] Hunt claims PAT routinely rewards girls with 14 extra points for gender alone, while boys get 0.
Then there are studies that show women who fail to pay child support are incarcerated only 1/8th as often as men with similar violations.
Men who are falsely accused of rape can have their names published and their lives ruined even if they are not convicted or charged - their accuser is protected and is likely to face no punishment, or a light one.
- A man is approximately 165% more likely to be convicted than a woman
- Men are significantly more likely to be the victims of violent crime
- Men and Boys are doing worse in all aspects of the educational system, from kindergarten to university.
- Men suffer from Paternity fraud
- Female business owners get money from the government for being female. Males?no
- Some Airlines, have banned male from sitting next to children because they are men.
- Rape of males in Prison and jail
- Male circumcision is still legal
- Men often coerced into sex: study
- Boy victims of sex trafficking ignored
- Men are 93 % of work place death/violence.
- Eating disorders among men and boys
- Demonization of Male Sexuality
- Catastrophically high suicide male rate
- Literally zero male shelters
- 75-80% of the Homeless are men
- Family courts are bais against men.
- Breast Cancer gets more funding/research/drugs despite affecting men at a similar rate of women.
And the “sexist” wage gap feminists always refer to? A myth.
Here is a comprehensive look prepared for the government specifically, 95 pages. Enjoy
Here are some by women
US Department of Labor
So while the gap exists (more like lifetime earning gap), is it because you are oppressed for being women by this mysterious patriarchy who gave you everything you need and use to live and enjoy, or are most women either lazy or just dont care about money the way men do?
The Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth
Gender pay gap is not what activists claim
Equal pay statistics are bogus because they don’t compare like with like
Fair Pay Isn’t Always Equal Pay
The Wage Gap Myth
Don’t Blame Discrimination for Gender Wage Gap
The pay inequality myth: Women are more equal than you think
Women Now a Majority in American Workplaces
Labor force participation rate for men has never been lower.
Share of Men in Labor Force at All-Time Low
Women In Tech Make More Money And Land Better Jobs Than Men
Female U.S. corporate directors out-earn men: study
Female CEOs outearned men in 2009.
Women between ages 21 and 30 working full-time made 117% of men’s wages.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, single women between 22 and 30 years old earn an average of $27,000 a year. That’s 8% more than comparable men.
Workplace Salaries: At Last, Women on Top
Young Women’s Pay Exceeds Male Peers
The 15 Jobs Where Women Earn More Than Men
Women aged between 22 and 29 earn over £10 per hour on average, compared to men their same age who earn just under this amount.
Young women now earn more than men in UK http://www.womensviewsonnews.org/2011/10/young-women-now-earn-more-than-men-in-uk/
The only chairwoman in the FTSE 100 index of biggest British companies, when asked about government efforts to force companies to make at least 25% of board member to be female said: “there’s no real evidence to suggest women being on a board makes the companies any better – what we’re doing here is forcing an experiment.”
This was further supported in the book “Why Men Earn More” by Warren Farrell, Ph.D., examined 25 career/life choices men and women make (hours, commute times, etc.) that lead to men earning more and women having more balanced lives, and that showed how men in surveys prioritize money while women prioritize flexibility, shorter hours, shorter commutes, less physical risk and other factors conducive to their choice to be primary parents, an option men still largely don’t have. That is why never-married childless women outearn their male counterparts, and female corporate directors now outearn their male counterparts.
Farrell also lists dozens of careers, including fields of science, where women outearn men. Women simply have more options than men to be primary parents, and many of them exercise that option rather than work long, stressful hours. That is why 57% of female graduates of Stanford and Harvard left the workforce within 15 years of entry into the workforce.
This is an option few men have (try being a single male and telling women on the first date that you want to stay home).
Blaming men for women’s choices is unfair. In fact research shows most men have no problem with their wives outearning them.
Research also shows most working dads would quit or take a pay cut to spend more time with kids if their spouses could support the family.
Research also shows that parents share workloads more when mothers allow men to be primary parents.
ABC News: “Is the Wage Gap Women’s Choice? Research Suggests Career Decisions, Not Sex Bias, Are at Root of Pay Disparity”
There is also the myth that women are kept out of certain more lucrative fields by sexism. The truth is that women stay away from math out of their own free choice
Women In Science: No Discrimination, Says Cornell Study
Let’s be real about the lack of women in tech
US Department of Labor
Rape culture? A myth. The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network has done extensive research and has dismissed it. RAINN has officially dismantled feminist rape culture hysteria. Statistics don’t back up Rape culture
Domestic violence? There’s no patriarchy involved there.
- Women are perpetrators often as men.
- Domestic violence being equally committed by women, only males get arrested
- Gay and bisexual men experience abuse in intimate partner relationships at a rate of 2 in 5, which is comparable to the amount of domestic violence experienced by heterosexual women.
- About 17-45% of lesbians report having been the victim of a least one act of physical violence perpetrated by a lesbian partner (1,5,6,13).
I’m sorry you don’t approve of these strong, successful and independent women not conforming to your bogus movement.
Reminder that while the media, feminists, the SJW’s and the “im not racist because I am not white, only whites can be racist!!” crowd are busy trying to spin this into some “Typical Entitled White Male MRA Proves that White Men and Gun Owners are Dangerous Misogynists" and that this had absolutely nothing to do with mental illness, that these are the people he killed. And that these are the facts.
4 men and 2 women. The top 3 men were stabbed. 2 of them were his roommates and the other was visiting. He targeted his roommates specifically, mentioning them in his 141 page manifesto. And the other 3 people, the 2 women and the other guy, were completely random people on the street that he shot. The 2 women outside the locked sorority house and the male in a deli.
Why did he do it?
He hated both men and women, anyone who had sex. And focused on women because obviously he was not gay and was not pissed off that dudes were not lining up to suck his dick. He showed multiple signs of mental issues and psychopathic traits. Displayed inferiority and god complexes and narcissism. His family disclosed that he was diagnosed at a young age as being ‘a highly functional Asperger Syndrome child’ a form of autism. He had been to therapists and was supposed to be taking meds. Reading his manifesto and watching his now (mostly) deleted videos clearly shows how crazy he was. According to his videos, blog, manifesto, and various forums he visited online, he was apparently bullied throughout his life and according to his manifesto, his step mother was just as bad. All of these things have been linked to violent actions such as murder and suicide. Both of which he did. Killed those people than himself with a gunshot to the head. His original plan according to his works was to take a bunch of pills and alcohol after doing his killings.
His original plan for murder
His original plan according to the end of his manifesto was to kill his roommates to secure a killing area where he would not be bothered. Then the would spend time luring people into his home to restrain and torture them (peel their skin, pour boiling water on them etc) and when he finished, to decapitate them. He would collect their heads and put it in a bag of sorts while he went to kill his step mom and brother and steal their SUV to better run people over. He would go to the sorority house (ended up being locked) and would open fire inside before setting the building on fire. He would then drive around shooting and dump the bag of heads all over the streets and continue to shoot at people then end his life with alcohol and the rest of his Xanax and Vicodin he had left.
Typical White Male?
He is of British (father) and Malaysian (mother) decent. Self described Eurasian male. And personally I think (along with many others) that he does not really look white at all. Look at the pic. At the vary least he clearly looks mixed.
The guns he had on him were a Glock 34 and two Sig P226 pistols. He purchased them legally last year along with 400 rounds for the 3 guns. His magazines were all California legal and capped at 10 rounds. All guns and ammo were 9mm. California is know for having one of the strictest gun laws in the country. The other weapons he had on him included 2 machetes, a hammer, a knife, and the car he used to hit people.
Could this have been prevented?
Before his began his plan, he made a series of videos with some details of who and why he wanted to kill. He sent the links to his family and his mother, worried, called the police. They went to his house to talk to him. In his manifesto he talks about how the police showed up and asked him some questions and how scared he was that they would foil his plan. But how relieved he was when the police found nothing suspicious and left.
Local Isla Vista news sites and live police conferences that aired and the wiki page that linked to the primary sources at the bottom, his YouTube videos (mostly deleted but out for download) and his 141 page manifesto and screen shots of his comments on forums and YouTube account (will give on request)
So what do we know? Also a slight tl;dr
- half British and half Malaysian
- self described “Eurasian”
- bullied by peers and step mother
- mental health issues (narcissism, god and inferiority complex, autism)
- on Xanax and Vicodin (apparently not on his meds)
- had been to therapists
- hated both men and women that had sex, and women more specifically for not hooking up with him (which makes sense, he wasnt gay, not exactly furious men were not hooking up with him, but pretty pissed they could get girls)
- planned out his murders, wanted to kill both men and women
- killed 6 people, 4 men and 2 women
- injured 13, 8 by gunfire and 4 by blunt object (probably the hammer)
- police had a chance to prevent this, but did not
- seemingly came from a liberal background family
- his YouTube channel is subscribed to “The Young Turks” a highly left wing channel
- bought his guns legally last year
- California has one of the toughest gun laws
- of the 6 people he killed, 3 were with a knife (all men)
- 2 of the men he targeted, they were his roommates, they were with a friend (3rd male victim)
What the media and people on social media are saying
With the above information, lets look at how the media and social media sites are saying about this event, including folks here on tumblr. I will focus on the anti gun crowd, the feminists, the SJW’s, people that bring up race (both POC and white people) and the media in general.
- proof of war on women
- he was an MRA and/or visited MRA sites
- "typical" white male (with mentions of white male mass shooters and shoddy sites like mother jones, a many times debunked anti gun site, as proof)
- the shooting has nothing to do with mental health and that people are using that as an excuse
- he suffered from “white male entitlement”
- gun nut (sometimes linking him to the stereotypical right wing white male gun owner)
- made the tragic event about women, as if women were the sole victims, completely erasing the male victims that were the bulk of the dead
- ignored half the kills were with a knife and focused on the gun only acting like it was what killed everyone
- used this as proof that its ok for women to fear all men and suspect all men as potential murderers
- made fun of the “not all men” comments by men and women (saying that not all men are crazy murdering killers) while mostly acting like men were the only ones saying this, despite how hard they say “not all women” or “not all feminists” or POC or gay people etc when people point out their flaws and errors
I wonder why they are trying to paint such a different picture here. They seem to really be focusing on making this about women (throwing out 1 in 3 women are raped figures for example, also debunked to be incredibly false) and that he was an “entitled white male” and part of the MRA community.
He is about as white as Obama and Zimmerman (fun fact, both are half white)
Personally, I am not surprised. I dont want to bring in race here but I think I have to at this point. With a lot of shootings, the media (which is clearly anti gun, so much for unbiased news and facts only and leaving the opinions at home huh) is reacting fast as they can to get the ratings and the top story and shootings are the fastest and easiest way to do this.
If we think back to a few months ago with the Maryland Mall shooting, the first things being talked about was gun control right off that bat. There was no shame to parade views and ideologies on the misfortune of others. The infamous “AR-15” was being mentioned along with all the buzzwords like military assault rifle (AR-15 is not an assault rifle, and the AR in the name stands for ArmaLite, the original manufacturer) and so on. People already began to assume it was a white male. Turns out the media quickly let the story die while everyone was waiting for details on the shooter of this “mass shooting” Despite them reading supposed “tweets” from people in the mall talking about “gunfire everywhere”
Shooter ended up as a black guy who bought his shotgun, a Mossberg 500, not long after Marylands new gun laws before killing 2 and them himself. As it turns out, he suffered from mental health issues too. Police said he was fascinated with the Columbine shooting and had researched mental health issues and suicide chat lines. In 2013 he has visited doctors and described hearing voices in his head. He was told to go to a psychiatrist but did not go. His journal revealed he was sad and depressed and suicidal and contemplated killing others and himself.
No AR-15. No “typical white male” and no “mass shooting”
The Navy Yard shooter as well. Not only were the police told to stand down, the “base” was unarmed and the MP there was disarmed and the shooter used a Remington shotgun. Not an AR-15. And the shooter was black. Before the details came out the media along with people in general acted in a similar fashion. Assumed white shooter, that it was an AR-15 that was used. The story was much bigger as more people died than in Maryland, but despite the coverage it got, it too quickly died. He too suffered mental issues. He claimed to hear voices from the walls and microwave and people that knew him described violent mood swings and he had reported himself to the police as dangerous because of the voices. He was described as a paranoid man. Alexis had been treated multiple times for psychological issues, including sleep deprivation, anger and paranoia. Most recently they said he had been treated at a VA Hospital in New England.
Obtaining info on the shooters, the guns, their pictures, and the victims (as in the with the Maryland shooter) became pretty tedious.
Moving from that, the recent FT Hood shooting had been seeking help for PTSD, and it is no secret that the government has been less than adequate in its care of soldiers and with mental health especially. With this came the typical white male comments. He killed 3 then himself. Yet 5 years earlier with the 2009 shooting by Nidal Malik Hasan that ended up killing 13 people and injuring 30+ others, people claimed terrorism because he was a Muslim and the politically correct crowd and media and SJW’s etc cried racism. Ultimately it was considered “work place violence” though he screamed “ALLAHU AKBAR” (god is great, often shouted by terrorists before suicide bombing or before and during attacks) And was described as anti social and anti American by his co workers and showed stress and depression as someone that dealt with soldiers with PTSD often. Again, mental health.
So why mention these shooting? Well, if you had not noticed, the media will act differently with with mixed race people.
Obama is half white, looks black, is considered and referred to as black.
Zimmerman is half white half hispanic, media got in trouble for manipulating audio and pics to paint him as white racist, despite his very anti racist past (message me for details) and looks hispanic. Called white by media and people.
Elliot Rodger, half white half asian, doesnt really look white (up to the individual) ir at the very least its obvious he is mixed, considered and called white by the media.
Nidal Malik Hasan, arab all the way, has fairly white skin.
Yet the media did not refer to him as white at all. With these shooters, it appears if they can get away with calling them white, they will. It seems to depend on if their skin is white or close to it, and if their name is white sounding.
George Zimmerman, Barrack Obama, Elliot Rodger, Nidal Malik Hasan.
It seems that the media is actively trying to paint white men as violent sexists and dangerous and the whole gun community in general despite the many minority and women gun owners and the vast majority of murderers rapists and shooters being black and hispanic. Shootings in the ghetto that yield 4+ wounded or dead (what is needed to list it as mass shooting) never seems to make it to the news to be talked about for days or weeks.
Unless its too big to avoid discussion like the Virginia Tech shooting, the media seems to ignore non white shootings mostly, but act desperate enough to jump on shooting, sometimes jumping the gun and assuming it to be white shooter with an AR-15, only for them to kill the story once its revealed other wise.
That and the very obvious lack of knowledge on the details of the shootings and guns themselves used in these shootings. Sandy Hook and the Aurora Batman theater shootings being one example. (backtracking and corrections on guns present and used and where they were found etc and the AR-15 from the theater being tossed after a jam and ultimately going unused while leading people to believe it was the main weapon)
And the media either doesnt care or does it on purpose, because majority of people seem to eat it up and accept it at face value as the gospel truth and people like me, are labeled as crazy and enablers and murder sympathizers and worse than the NRA (often called a terror group that actively endorses murder)
And with all this, mental illness is ignored and people go around claiming its only mentioned to hide the “real” issues, white men and their guns.
The Aurora Colorado theater shooter, James Holmes also suffered from mental illness. He had been to at least 3 mental health professionals at the University of Colorado. One of the people we saw reported he made homicidal statements about the public while his acquaintances believed him to be violent.
The Virginia Tech shooter also suffered from mental health issues. In middle school, he was diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder known as selective mutism, as well as major depressive disorder. After this diagnosis he began receiving treatment and continued to receive therapy and special education support until his junior year of high school. During Cho’s last two years at Virginia Tech, several instances of his abnormal behavior, as well as plays and other writings he submitted containing references to violence, caused concern among teachers and classmates. As a child, his family thought him to be different and he did not associate well with others. Teachers had him removed for “menacing” behavior.
Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook shooter was seen at Yale Child Study Center as a teen and was given the antidepressant Celaxa. His family said around the time we was 11 or 12 he became stressed and frustrated and sad. He was prone to anxiety and becoming more distant and isolated. According to police, he displayed a profound autism spectrum disorder with lack of comprehension and social interaction and communication and was also diagnosed with severe OCD. His doctors described him as “emotionally paralyzed” He would change clothes and sock constantly and continuously wash his hands and refused to touch door knobs and was sensitive to light. They were soon to discuss schizophrenia but that never happened due to the shooting.
Yet plenty of people will argue that mental health has no play in these shootings and only serves and an excuse to hide the real issues of gun control and white male entitlement and so on.
Even moving away from the shootings you see how the media acts with crime in general with races. Making a point to mention the criminal was white over and over while referring to a black criminal as a “youth” or something or just refusing to mention race and just call them by name.
The knockout game, where someone (almost exclusively black) would sucker punch someone (almost exclusively white) trying to get a knockout. It even lead to the death of a WWII vet. One botched attempt lead to a elderly woman shooting her attacker. People in the media and online called this game an urban legend created by white racists to paint blacks in a bad light. Until that is, when a Jewish woman was attacked. Then it became this whole thing about antisemitism and how “people” were playing this game leaving out the black players and the white victims.
Media will also make sure to tell you that white on black crimes were racially motivated even though race had no play at all, while leaving out race with black on white crimes. A boy is Missouri was burned alive by 2 black teens that chased him and said “this is what you deserve white boy” while being set aflame. The police said they were “investigating” if race had anything to do with it.
Give me a break.
Just some food for thought.
[typed in one go at 5:26 am, many hours after I wanted to sleep, please excuse all grammar errors and what not and lack of sources, message and will give them for whatever you inquire about, was unprepared when I typed this, I originally intended to have quick bullet points instead of all this, might edit later if not lazy]
This is fucking ridiculous. One man kills people (mostly men, but that seems to be being forgotten so that “feminists” and misandrists can continue shouting their toxic views) and suddenly you’re implying this is the norm. These were the actions of one disturbed individual. I promise you there are cases where women have killed men for just as ridiculous reasons. Stop using one case as a soapbox for your hateful campaigns.